How rapidly dropping fuel charges will effect your BAF Charge
The below factors also vary per steamship line.
• Average weekly bunker price ($/MT)
• Average fuel consumption per sailing (MT/day)
• Average sailing time (days at sea)
• Average vessel effective capacity (FEU)
• Average vessel utilization
For Q1 2015 the bottom line is that the bunker charges did not decrease significantly. There is an average $22 reduction from Q4 2014 for 40’ standard containers shipping to the WC. 20’ standard bunker charges are calculated at 90% of 40’ standard rates. Other equipment varies. The next adjustment is scheduled for April 1, 2015.